To enable audio it is not necessary to install audio hardware for applications installed on a Windows VPS.
Please follow these steps to enable audio in windows VPS
> Please enable Windows Audio service
- Remote Desktop connection connect to your VPS and navigate to Services MMC (Start > Run > Services.msc)
- Please locate Windows Audio service and start it. (It is recommend changing the Startup Type to Automatic)
> Modify the Remote Desktop host configurations
- Please Run gpedit.msc by PowerShell or CMD
- Please go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host > Device and Resource redirection
- Please set Allow Audio and Video Playback Redirection to Enabled.
- Please reboot the server to take effect.